IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID 19 PANDEMIC
Reducing transmission of COVID-19. Pre appointment health check
To reduce spread of the virus, it is imperative that everyone continues to follow the UK government instruction to minimise contact and to observe social distancing of 2 metres in all situations as far as is possible.
Clinical symptoms of COVID-19
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness and the symptoms include (but are not always limited to):
- Fever (a temperature over 37.8 degrees centigrade).
- A new persistent cough.
- Muscle pains.
- Shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
- Severe pneumonia.
- Loss of taste and smell.
The two most prevalent symptoms of COVID-19 are a new, persistent dry cough and a temperature.
Are all members of your household free of the above symptoms
Please advise is if you fall into the ‘clinically extreme vulnerable’ category? This includes:
- Solid organ recipients.
- Some people with cancer who are undergoing treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Anyone who is on immunosuppressive drugs.
- Pregnant women with heart disease.
- Anyone with a respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, COPD.
- Rare diseases e.g. severe combined immunodeficiency.
The Brookmans Park Dental Practice 9th June 2020
Instructions for attendance 5
Please note the following instructions:
- You must come on your own (unless there is a need to be accompanied).
- You must wear a face covering.
- You should arrive at the appointed time and telephone to let us know you have arrived.
- You will be met at the door and asked to sanitise your hands, we will also take your temperature when you arrive.
- You will not be able to enter the practice early and sit in the waiting room, so if you are early, please wait in your car or outside the practice.
- We will not be able to take any cash payments in the practice should pay by credit card.
- If you have a mask, please wear it to the practice. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one and ask you to wear it whilst in the practice, apart from when we are providing clinical treatment.
- We will email you a consent form for you to read through before coming to the practice. The purpose of this is to ask for your consent to receiving treatment at our practice during the outbreak of COVID-19. Please print it off and sign it if you are happy with the content and please bring it with you when you attend. If you are unable to print the consent form, please reply to the email signifying that you consent to receiving treatment at our practice during the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Please bring a pen with you to the practice to sign your medical history and/or consent form.
- Please could you clean your teeth thoroughly before attending for your appointment and avoid all food and drinks until after your appointment.
- No toilet facilities.
- Payment by credit card.
- Shielded patient seen first thing
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are here to help
We would like you to fully understand all treatment options available so that we both can decide what's best for you.
Why You Should Visit Us?
1. We will listen to find out what you would like us to do for you.
2. We will offer advice, solutions and options tailored to your needs.
3. We promise you that our team will always have your best interests at heart.
4. Our primary aim is to prevent dental disease and help you have healthy teeth and gums
5. Our dentists are very skilled and can recommend many specialised procedures to improve
your smile. This includes tooth whitening, tooth coloured fillings, ceramic crowns, bridges,
porcelain veneers, cosmetic tooth contouring, implants and orthodontics.
6. Our Treatment fees are transparent. There’s no hard sell!
7. We offer several payment options including a private option (pay as you go) and our membership plan
(that gives you a 20% discount on all treatments). We can also offer payment plans to spread the cost.
8. We are passionate about your oral health and we really care!